|Maps & Directions|
|2015-16 Academic Calendar|
|Stockton 2016 Spring Schedule|
|Modesto 2016 Spring Schedule|
Requirements for Graduate Admission and Enrollment
Students admitted to the graduate program may begin during the summer, fall, winter, or spring quarters.
Complete and submit an application for admission along with the required application fee.
Baccalaureate Degree Verification
Provide evidence of a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university. (UC/CSU undergraduates may be admitted to the credentialing program on a provisional basis.)
Provide evidence of successful completion of an advanced writing course (B or better), the CBEST, or the Humphreys College Writing Proficiency Examination (WPE)
Provide a short personal statement describing your professional and scholarly goals (500 words maximum)
Provide a current resume or curriculum vitae with at least three references included.
For Admission to the Credential Program, Applicants Must Also Submit:
Proof of CBEST exam registration or verification of passed CBEST
Proof of CSET exam registration, attempt or passage, or verification of approved subject matter competency. Approved subject matter competency can also be verified by one of the following:
- The candidate provides evidence of having completed a Commission approved subject matter preparation program.
- The candidate provides evidence of continuous progress toward meeting the subject matter requirement.
- The candidate provides evidence of enrollment in an organized subject matter examination preparation program.
Verification of Negative TB test reading
Letters of Recommendation
Provide three Letters of Recommendation
Certificate of Clearance
Received a Certificate of Clearance from California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC)
- Individuals seeking a California teaching or services credential issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC) are required to obtain fingerprint clearance from the California Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, through CCTC. If you have received fingerprint clearance through other California agencies, employers, other states or government agencies, you are not exempt from the process. Click here for more information and instructions.
- If you currently hold a Certificate of Clearance, valid CCTC-issued permit or teaching/services credential, or if you have submitted an application through another university, it is not necessary to complete this process. Include a photocopy (front and back) of the certificate, permit or credential, or a copy of the CCTC online verification when submitting your Humphreys College application for graduate admission.
Student must successfully complete a pre-admission interview, during which the College will document the candidate's knowledge, understanding or all credential requirements (e.g. CBEST, RICA, TPA, BTSA, etc.), using the Interview Checklist, and the College will confirm the candidate's suitability for a career in the teaching profession.