SCHEDULE OF TUITION AND FEES
1. APPLICATION FEE: A non-refundable $40.00 Undergraduate and a separate $40.00 Graduate (Master’s and Law) School application fee. The non-resident of U.S. fee is $200.00. See schedule item #9 below.
2. TUITION: Humphreys College charges tuition for all educational services.
UNDERGRADUATE: Tuition is charged at the rate of $346.00 per quarter unit. 12 ½ to 16 units are discounted to the 12 unit rate of $4,152.00. 16 ½ units and over is again charged at the per unit rate of $346.00 above the discounted 12 ½ -16 unit rate; for example - 17 units = $4,498.00 tuition.
There is a 4 unit - $1,384.00 minimum tuition charge.
Court Reporting–machine classes only–will be charged at the rate $259.50 per quarter unit plus one time per quarter $97.50 ev360 lab fee. (12/30/2013)
GRADUATE: The Master’s and Law program tuition is charged at the rate of $470.00 per quarter unit.
No transcript (official or unofficial), diploma, certificate or degree will be
issued when there is an unpaid balance due and payable to the College.
All tuition is due and payable quarterly in advance. All tuition charges are due on the first day of the quarter (except for schedule item #9 below). Maximum grace period is eight calendar days. A $10.00 service charge per quarter will be added to all accounts over eight calendar days past due.
3. AUDITING A CLASS: An “audit” means the course is being taken for no credit. No assignments will be expected of “auditors” and no grade will be given.
The regular tuition charge and laboratory fee (if any) apply to an “audit”.
If a student has paid in full for a course in which he or she has previously been enrolled at Humphreys College, it may be repeated and no additional tuition will be charged if the student is regularly enrolled for an equal or greater number of units.
When all classes are an “audit”, the audit fee for students not regularly enrolled in other classes is the regular tuition rate, but not to exceed the eight (8) unit rate plus any applicable lab fees.
4. REPEATING A CLASS: A student may repeat a class for which he/she has already received credit for the purpose of obtaining a better grade or better understanding of the subject matter. The grade and units for the class will be those of the highest grade, and the units for a class will be applied only once.
The regular tuition rate will be applied to all repeated classes.
5. REFUND POLICY: Refunds of tuition will be made in accordance with the schedule below. The amount of refund will be computed as of the date of withdrawal. The date of withdrawal for the purpose of computing any tuition refund will be the date the Change of Schedule Request is received by the Registrar’s Office.
Scheduled classes are counted from first day of the quarter. A holiday falling within the first six weeks of the quarter does not extend the refund period.
1. On or before Friday of the first week of scheduled classes………....100%
2. After Friday of the first week of scheduled classes, but on or before Friday of the second week…..90%
3. After Friday of the second week of scheduled classes but on or before Friday of the third week ….50%
4, After Friday of the third week of scheduled classes but on or before Friday of the sixth week …....25%
No refunds will be made after the beginning of the seventh (7th) week of classes. Date of enrollment has no affect on refund period. Refunds are calculated from the 1st day of the quarter, not from when the class first meets. Seminars and workshops for which no units or grade is awarded are not eligible for any refund.
6. VETERANS: This school has and maintains a policy for the refund of the unused portion of tuition, fees, and other charges, in the event the veteran or eligible person fails to enter the course, withdraws or is discontinued there from at any time prior to completion. It provides that the amount charged to the veteran or eligible person for tuition, fees, and other charges for a portion of the course does not exceed the approximate pro-rata portion of the total charges for tuition, fees, and other charges that the length of the completed portion of the course bears to its total length. In the case of veterans whose initial enrollment is in programs covered by the catalog, $20.00 of the $40.00 application fee is non-refundable and $20.00 is subject to the above stated pro-rata refund policy.
7. BOOKS AND SUPPLIES: Books and supplies may be purchased from the College and must be paid for by cash, debit card, personal check (no third party), MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or American Express. All prices are subject to change without notice.See separate Bookstore Return Policy for return details.
Students studying Stenotype must purchase or rent a stenotype machine for their exclusive use. Stenotype machines (if available) may be rented for a period of two quarters. There is a deposit of $225.00 and a quarterly rental rate of $150.00 required.
8. TRANSCRIPTS: There is a charge of $ 5.00 per copy. No transcript (official or unofficial), diploma, certificate or degree will be issued when there is an unpaid balance due and payable to the College.
9. NON-RESIDENT OF U.S. FEES: Application fee $200.00. Applicants for admission who are non-residents (not U.S. citizens) or who are not permanent residents of the U.S. are accepted for periods of not less than one academic year. International students must pay for three quarters tuition in advance upon admission. For additional information, please contact an admission counselor.
10. CSR PREP SEMINAR: A seminar fee of $1,000.00 is payable in full in advance; not eligible for installment, pro-rata payments, or refund of any type. This seminar is applicable to Court Reporting students only.
11. LSAT PREP COURSE: A class fee of $335.00 is payable in full in advance; not eligible for installment or pro-rata payments. Refund requests will only be granted if submitted two days prior to the start of the workshop.
12. GRADUATION FEE: Fees are non-refundable once garments & diploma ordered.
$75.00 - Graduation fee – flat rate, all inclusive for Master’s & Law School
$20.00 - Replacement diploma
$25.00 - Undergrad Non-participant, diploma only
$50.00 - Undergrad full participation in graduation ceremonies
(includes cap, gown, associate collar or bachelors hood and one diploma)
$75.00 - Undergrad full participation in graduation ceremonies
(cap, gown, associate collar or bachelors hood and two or more diplomas)
$42.00 - Undergrad participation in graduation ceremony
(bachelors hood only (no robe) and one diploma)
$67.00 - Undergrad participation in graduation ceremony
(bachelors hood only (no robe) and two or more diplomas)
13. SERVICE CHARGE: A service charge not to exceed 5/6 of 1% or $10.00 (whichever is greater) per quarter is charged on all overdue accounts as authorized by Section 1805.1(c) of Title II, C.C.
14. RETURNED CHECK FEE: A $25.00 processing fee will be charged on all dishonored checks. Two returned checks will permanently revoke the check writing privilege.
15. COLLECTION FEE: Past due accounts assigned to an outside collection/credit reporting agency will be assessed a collection fee of $25.00.
16. TESTING FEE: The charge to challenge a class for credit is $100. Certificate testing for current/former students is free. For other individually administered exams the College reserves the right to charge $25.00 fee per exam. All fees are non-refundable.
17. SCHOOL PREROGATIVES: The schedule of tuition and fees are adjusted every July 1. All fees are subject to change upon 30 days notice. The College reserves the right to change courses and/or subject without notice. The College reserves the right to terminate enrollment at any time for failure to pay fees timely or for unsatisfactory scholastic progress. In such terminations, the College will refund unused tuition pro-rata rather than in accordance with #5 above.
Fees are subject to change without notice