Published in The Journal of Transformative Leadership and Policy Studies
Our Associate Dean of Academic Administration Dr. Donna Roberts co-authored an article with Dr. Jim Riggs in The Journal of Transformative Leadership and Policy Studies (vol. 8, no. 2) and argued for the need to significantly adjust the process and focus of the educational thesis and dissertation to better match the preparation and needs of students who are practitioners in order to help these students become stronger and better educators and leaders. To that end, the article presents innovative approaches to improve experiences for graduate students who are developing, conducting and completing master’s degree theses and doctoral dissertations in the field of education.
The The Journal of Transformative Leadership and Policy Studies (JTLP) is a peer-reviewed journal that explores:
- Educational Leadership’s role in advancing student success;
- Learning, equity, and achievement for all students;
- Managing the complexities of educational organizations;
- Strategies for educators to affect the school change process;
- Educational policies that bear on the practice of education in the public setting;
- Content areas focused on Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM).
The Journal of Transformative Leadership and Policy Studies (JTLPS) is a peer-reviewed journal sponsored by The California State University and the Doctorate in Educational Leadership Program at California State University, Sacramento.