Make a difference with a degree in Criminal Justice from Humphreys University.
Program Format: On-Ground & Online
Our Criminal Justice program has been developed to provide students with critical thinking, report writing, and public speaking skills necessary to become a competent peace officer. It seeks to provide practical and theoretical training through hands-on classroom activities taught by law enforcement professionals. The Criminal Justice program offers a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice and an Associate in Arts in Criminal Justice.
At Humphreys University, we educate motivated and determined students who desire a practical, affordable, and accessible academic program. To accommodate our working students, we offer our courses online, evenings, and in hybrid formats. We operate on an eleven-week quarter system with four quarters per year. You can start the Criminal Justice program at the start of any of our four terms. The application process is easy and financial aid specialists are available to walk you through the financial aid process.
Students in the Criminal Justice program will…
- Analyze and apply ethical standards to evaluate behavior and the consequences of ethical failure for criminal justice professionals;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the roots and sources of the American legal system, it’s structure and administration, while paying special attention to the foundations of procedural and substantive criminal law;
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate and apply the appropriate research and investigatory techniques needed to solve social issues and crimes;
- Develop and apply proficiency in observational and investigative report writing utilizing effective oral and written communication to include proper grammar and language skills;
- Analyze and evaluate a contemporary issue in criminal justice and present a creative solution that demonstrates critical thinking.
units for Associate's Degree
units for Bachelor's Degree
For students wishing to move on to earn a law degree (JD) we offer a transfer plan into our Drivon School of Law.
Your Future in Criminal Justice
Our programs are designed with your goals in mind. Our Criminal Justice graduates use their breadth of knowledge in critical thinking, report writing, and public speaking to pursue countless occupations in the field of law enforcement. Consider any of these careers in Criminal Justice:
• Police Officer
• Parole Officer
• Correctional Counselor
• Deputy Sheriff
• Border Patrol Agent
Meet Our Faculty
When you arrive to class, whether it is in a classroom or through your computer, you can expect to be taught by a knowledgeable and attentive professor. Our professors understand what real-world experience to incorporate into classroom lectures, assignments, and case studies. Humphreys University prides itself on offering a well-rounded set of courses taught in a small and personable environment so you get the guidance and support you need to succeed.
Mr. McLaughlin is the Criminal Justice Department Chair. He worked 25 years for the Stockton Police Department where he retired as a Lieutenant. McLaughlin held many assignments at SPD from patrol officer, vice, SWAT, Internal Affairs, and Watch Commander. He also managed the Traffic Section, Investigations Section and Special Investigations Section.
Financial Aid Available
Let us help you obtain the financial resources you need to succeed.
The purpose of financial aid is to provide financial assistance to students who without such aid, would be unable to pursue higher education. We help by guiding you through the financial aid process. We help make your educational dreams a reality. Our financial aid staff are available and ready to answer your questions or concerns, by phone, in person, or by email. No appointment is necessary. Humphreys University is approved for the training of Veterans.
To apply for financial aid, fill out the FAFSA and include our school code: 001212