Military & Veteran Students

You’ve worked for us, now let us work for you.

Humphreys University is proud to help you take the next step and to assist those who have served. We offer assistance for active military and veterans so that your educational goals are within reach.


Requirements for Admission

Step 1

Complete application for admission and pay $40.00 application fee. 

Step 2

Provide official transcripts or proof of GED completion and official academic transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities. The Registrar will evaluate all credits and inform the student how many credits are transferable.
Have documents sent directly to:
Humphreys University Registrar
6650 Inglewood Avenue
Stockton, CA 95207

You can obtain your official high school transcript or official college transcript through the National Clearinghouse. Access the website at:

Step 3

Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and call Humphreys University Student Services Department to make an appointment.

Step 4

Take a placement exam, unless you have successfully (grade of C or higher) completed a college-level English and mathematics course at another college or university. The results of the exam are used to determine your placement in English and math courses at Humphreys. An admission counselor will schedule a time for you to take the placement exam, if needed.

Step 5

Call an admissions counselor to complete the process and register for courses.


To accommodate those military students with full schedules, Humphreys offers many classes online and evenings. Admissions applications are accepted for programs all year. With summer, fall, winter, and spring quarters, you can apply at any time.

Humphreys University is approved under federal law for the training of veterans. Veterans whose entitlement under one act has expired may still be eligible for benefits. Veteran’s benefits may also be available to survivors (spouse) and dependents, under certain circumstances. Full information can be obtained from the Veterans Administration or the University Registrar’s Office.

The University will conduct an evaluation of previous education and training, grant appropriate credit, shorten the duration of the program, and notify the Veterans Administration and student accordingly.

Veterans placed on academic probation will have their VA certification for education benefits interrupted if they are dismissed at the end of the probationary period. Veterans in the graduate programs who are placed on academic probation will have their VA certification for education benefits interrupted if they are dismissed at the end of the probationary period.

Certification for VA benefits will not start again until their probationary status has been cancelled and students are restored to good standing.

Transfer Credit for Veterans

Eligible veterans must provide official academic transcripts of all prior colleges, universities, and training institutions. Refer to the Credit for Prior Learning section in our catalog. The Registrar will then prepare an evaluation of credits and inform the student and the Veterans Administration as to the amount of credit allowed.

Credit will be allowed only for subject related to the degree curriculum as outlined in the Humphreys University General Catalog and only for subjects completed with a grade of C- or better. Under special circumstances a student may receive up to 12 units of credit for previous work experience. Application for credit should be made through the student’s academic chair.

Need Help?

Contact our Admissions Office

Stockton Admissions Office
(209) 478-0800

Maps & Directions   |  Hours

Modesto Admissions Office
(209) 543-9411

Maps & Directions  |  Hours